Monday, December 1, 2008

Cough, cough...


This is the 11th day of the worst cold of my adult life. Tim took me to the doctor this afternoon, and I am now on an antibiotic. So, that's why I haven't updated our blog. Maybe I can convince Tim to tell you about his life. He's got some great things going on in Jesus' name!

Meanwhile, thanks to all of you who have been praying for us and for the immigrant and refugee families we serve. We are seeing God move in mighty . . . and mysterious . . . ways.

Let me give an example. Son #2, Andrei, lost his cell phone the other day. We all prayed. He looked around everywhere for it, retracing his steps to the grocery and hardware stores. I left a message on the phone saying that our son has a disability, autism, and he really needs his phone.

This afternoon I got a call. A young man -- who is also autistic-- found Andrei's phone in the street. Martin lives near Andrei, goes to church and small group, and is part of an autism support group helping each other find jobs.

How do you explain THAT except as the hand of Almighty God?

Also, we are seeing a real softening in the hearts of the refugee women we serve. One woman who is of another religion has visited our church two weeks in a row -- with her whole family. Another woman, of yet another religious background, has asked to spend Christmas with me.

On those happy notes, I'll go blow my nose and try to get a decent night's sleep. Tomorrow will be a better day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is actually to boot the most fantastic post we tend to earnestly veteran researching throughout. It happens to be definitely not consistently we've found financial risk view a little. Trusted Medicine