Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas in Rome!

This past Saturday night, we went "home to Rome!" Rome, Georgia, that is! Angie Stone, the beautiful mother of our dear Missouri friend Rodney Stone, invited me to speak during "Decoration Night" at Hollywood Baptist Church. I was so happy that Tim did the driving, and Kelly came along for the fun, too. I loved having them join me for this special evening. Just look at the table behind us! Ladies from the church had decorated each table with a different theme. All were so beautiful. One table held my favorite china pattern, Old Country Roses. Gorgeous!We ate a delicious catered buffet dinner. After a trio sang several familiar Christmas songs, I talked about God's work in my life through my books and through my ministry to refugees. My mother taught me to talk with my hands. I can't seem to say a word without waving them in every direction!At the end of the evening, I had the joy of autographing books for the women of the church. What great financial support they gave us by purchasing so many of my novels. We are grateful for that help. As our missions supervisor says, "We live by faith . . . but we live ON money!" Amen.
The highlight of the evening was getting to know Angie. Kelly and I loved her so much that we tried to figure out how we could bundle her up and bring her back to Clarkston with us! There's no doubt our refugee friends would adore her, too. What a lovely evening . . . what lovely new friends . . . what a blessed season of joy in Jesus Christ!

No comments: