Thursday, July 31, 2008

Six new students!

Do I look tired? Slightly overwhelmed?
Today was a BIG day for me! Very exciting. Terry and I drove around in the pouring rain to meet with potential students. By the end of our visit, I had scheduled six new students!

I'll work with two Burundian women who are single moms and have been in America a while but still need help with English and life skills. I'm thrilled to be a part of their lives.

My third student is the mother of seven. She has struggled in her new homeland. She needs a lot of prayers and great compassion. I'm eager to see how God works in her life.

My fourth and fifth students are cousins who have just arrived from a refugee camp in Tanzania. They are a little bit shy and scared. I know they'll blossom as the weeks go by.

My dear Somali friend is my sixth student. I already love her and can't wait to spend more time with her, teaching her and showing how much God loves her. (photo removed by request)

Thanks for praying for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Tim, We are so very proud of you for serving the Lord through these immigrants. We pray the Lord will bless all your efforts in a tremendous way and bring many of these dear struggling souls into the light of Christ and a new life. Our prayers will continue with you. Love, Aunt Myrtice & Uncle Carlos