Thursday, June 4, 2009

He's got the whole wide world . . .

. . . in His hands!

God created us in His image. I love to look at people's hands. How remarkable and amazing God made them. The hands of refugee women in The Refugee Sewing Society have had to do things we could never imagine. But America is different from the war-torn countries our friends once endured. Here their hands are cutting . . .
beading . . .
sorting . . .measuring . . .folding . . .
and stitching . . .
Beautiful Kuresho works very hard on her beaded necklaces and bracelets. Kelly is teaching the class how to create daisy chains using beads. When I gaze at this Somali woman, I am filled with gratitude that God allowed me to be a small part of her life.
I am so blessed to be using my hands on mission with Him.

No comments: